Editor’s Note: This article has been updated on July 2, 5:11pm.
When a diabetic child attended his cousin’s ice cream party at Inside Scoop, it struck a chord amongst the founders of the ice cream brand.
“We can’t imagine a childhood without ice cream, hence we feel that we need to do something about it,” the team shared.
The brand, which has been around since 2013, has always been big about producing ice cream which are handcrafted with natural ingredients and sans any preservatives.
These days, it’s all the more common to find better-for-you ice cream alternatives and the brand’s latest venture is focused on that.
“Over the years, some of our fans have cut down their sugar intake. It could be due to medical reasons, diet changes or just a simple preference of enjoying things kurang manis,” the team said.
Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop, presently located in TTDI, offers a range of ice cream to cater to specific dietary needs.
According to the team, there is also a zero sugar chocolate ice cream which is suitable for those with diabetes. Made with cocoa and sugar substitutes like maltitol, xylitol, erythritol and steviol, it’s also said to be vegan.
In line with their motto, Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop’s ice creams are made with alternative sugars such as organic unrefined sugar and blue agave syrups.
For vegan guests, vegan-friendly sorbets are offered too and fun fact, the cones here are suitable for those on a vegan diet.
These are just simple additions to make the dessert space more inclusive.
Being someone who frequents healthier dessert spots often, I’m used to seeing heftier price tags just because something is labelled as vegan or sugar-free.
It’s nice to know that though Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop offers better-for-you alternatives, prices are reasonable, considering their target audience. In fact, Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop matches Inside Scoop’s prices.
Single scoops are priced at RM8.30, double scoops at RM14.60 and triple scoops at RM19.9.
That being said, Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop offers more premium flavours than Inside Scoop. Premium flavours are an additional RM1.90 and double premiums are an additional RM3.80.
Just like Inside Scoop, Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop’s flavours sport funky, punny names.
If you’re curious on what flavours to look out for, here’s a full list:
- Bean To Melaka? (Tau Fu Fa Ice cream, RM8.30)
- Kelapa Otak (Coconut Ash Ice Cream, RM8.30)
- Not Your Plain Jane (Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, RM8.30)
- Tall, Dark but Skinny (Chocolate Sorbet Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- The Dark Side (Valrhona Chocolate Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Tall, Dark, Nutty but Skinny (Chocolate Hazelnut Sorbet, RM10.20)
- Champ-enak (Cempedak Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Lejen-dairy King (Durian Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Hazel’s Nuts (Hazelnut Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Matcha Mana (Matcha Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Yes To Straws (Strawberry Basil Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Chris & The Mum (Chrysanthemum Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Bee-yoncé (Honey Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Feeling Blue, Barry? (Blueberry Yoghurt Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Kurma Sutra (Date Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Sour-sop Opera (Soursop Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Go With Your-Gut (Kefir Ice Cream, RM10.20)
- Full Of Passion (Passionfruit Sorbet, RM10.20)
Double Premium Flavours
- Rice, Rice Baby (Genmai Ice Cream, RM12.10)
- The Hipster’s Staple (Avocado Ice Cream, RM12.10)
- Girl, Let That Man-go (Mango Sorbet, RM12.10)
- Very, Berry Skinny (Mixed Berries Sorbet, RM12.10)
- Matcha Made In Heaven (Genmaicha Ice Cream, RM12.10)
- Skinny King (Durian Sorbet, RM12.10)
- Choc Zero (Zero Sugar Chocolate Ice Cream, RM12.10)
Do note that these flavours are on rotation and only 18 are available at any given time.
If you’re clueless on what to try first, the team shared that some notable flavours include the Genmai, Avocado and Kefir.
Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop
Hours: Mondays-Thursdays: 1pm-11pm, Fridays-Saturdays: 12.30pm-12am, Sundays: 12.30pm-11pm
Address: 16G, Jalan Datuk Sulaiman, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Website: Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop
Tel: 03-7496 6735
All Image Credit: Sweet Escape by Inside Scoop