In her 5 years of social media presence, she managed to increase her engagement rate by a whopping 160% by being relevant and simply by being herself.
24-year-old Venice Min is a face you might have chanced upon in an advert, but she has added more to her repertoire in the recent years. She’s also an entrepreneur and the one behind VM Studios, a local creative agency. On top of that, she races too.
In this week’s edition of DKL Gets Personal, we caught up with Venice on her career thus far, her secret to maintaining her svelte figure, what she looks for in a guy and much more.
1. You’re a model and an actress. Which of the two do you enjoy more and why?
I’m actually a model and I run my own creative agency which focuses more on talent engagement, content creation and connecting clients to production houses and the media. Basically, it’s a platform for clients to have PR & marketing services. It’s mostly digital and online-based and the company is 7 months old in July 2017. I also recently signed to Toyota as their ambassador and as a car racer. My first race will be this 12th and 13th August at Batu Kawan, Penang. I’m no longer an actress even though I’ve acted in a couple of movies before. 🙂
2. Name 5 things that we’ll find in your handbag at any given time.
Powerbank, my purse, phone, cosmetics like lipsticks and foundation & a bottle of water :p
3. Where would you love to travel to next?
New York, Japan & London!
4. What’re some of your fave hashtags to use on Instagram to promote engagement?
Hmm, not really any though? Unless when I travel? #venicemintravels Haha, just for the fun of it! I don’t really use any personal hashtags to promote engagement.
5. We heard that 90% of your diet consists of carbs. 😛 What’s your ultimate fave food?
Omg yes! I’m trying to cut down on carbs now though because I’m like 24 and I’m getting older. My metabolism rate isn’t high anymore 🙁 But I personally love savoury and spicy food! Malaysian food ftw!
6. How do you maintain your svelte figure?
Hahaha! Recently I tried to control my diet and work out more :p At least once or twice a week!
7. What’s your workout routine like?
Currently, I’m enrolled to REV Fitness at Publika for cryotherapy and some workout sessions. With my hectic schedule, I’ll try to make it there at least once or twice a week. Apart from that, I drive on the track. I’m preparing for my car race (the Toyota Gazoo racing festival in Malaysia, so go check it out!)
8. What’s your go-to makeup look and fashion style?
I would say feminine yet elegant. Sometimes, I’ll try something more fancy like trendy looks for the fun of it but I’ll personally still prefer, and think that the feminine and elegant style suits me best!
9. You’ve had long dark hair for the longest time. Will you ever change that?
I’ve been thinking about that lately! I would love to change but never really had the guts to do it. So I’ll usually just wear a wig haha or tie my hair in different styles.
10. What makes you happy?
Cooking and spending time with my loved ones. I’m the happiest kid when I get to have dinner with my family. Because my family isn’t in KL with me, I seldom see them.
11. Who are 3 of the most important people in your life and why?
– My aunt, who is my best mentor in life. She’s the one who guided me a lot in terms of handling business and all the working values/ethics. She’s my role model.
– My mum, because she’s my pillar in life. I love her so much! And for making me who I am today.
– My younger sister, who is my best friend. She’s always there to help me out mentally and physically. Hehe.
– Apart from that, of course my team, my manager, my family and friends! There are so many people that I care for.
12. Do you have any hidden talents?
Haha! Hmm I think dance? I used to dance ballet for almost 14 years of my life! Race? I can drive a manual car on the track with the guys. 😂
13. If you weren’t a model, what would you be?
I guess I’ll be a public relations practitioner or a businesswoman. 🙂 I’ve always wanted to run an F&B business and the fact that I graduated with a PR & Broadcasting degree, that shows how much I love the PR line.
14. You modeled for quite a few bridal shoots. Do you see yourself tying the knot someday?
It’s been a while! The last time I modeled for a bridal house was years ago. Hmm, not now. Maybe in 5 years time? I just wanna focus on my career now.
15. What qualities do you look for in a significant other and are you still single? (:
Someone who is as driven, ambitious, and motivated as me. Secondly, he must be respectful in terms of respecting gender equality no matter if it’s a woman or a man. I have a strong mindset about how a man should respect a woman no matter what.
All Image Credits: Venice Min