Whenever you see or hear the word ‘Satay’, where does your mind transport you to?
My wild guess is Kajang. Yes, it’s true that Kajang is home to extremely delicious satay but you’ll be surprised to find other equally good ones (or maybe even better!) spread throughout different areas in Kuala Lumpur.
I gotta admit I wasn’t a big satay fan but the ones that I’ve tried somehow managed to entice me, converting me into a faithful satay lover.
So far, all the ones I’ve tasted matched my satay expectations. #fussyeaterproblems
- They’re chunky with more meat than fat – CHECK
- Slightly charred, crispy and caramelised on the outside – CHECK
- Absolutely smooth and tender on the inside – CHECK
- So tasty that it doesn’t need to be dipped in peanut sauce – CHECK
- Doesn’t get stuck on the satay stick, making it easier to bite – BONUS CHECK!!
Oh man, I think just drooled a little. Oops.
If you’re keen to satisfy your satay cravings or just in need of ideas on where to bring a friend who’s visiting our shores, you know what to do. Check out this list of places that serve some of the best satay ever! You’re welcome.
1.Suzi’s Corner (Personal favourite!)
Address: 213/26 Jalan Ampang Batu 4 ½, Jalan Ulu Kelang, Kuala Lumpur
Operating Hours: Daily, 5.30pm – 5am
2.Ole Ole Bali
- Sunway Pyramid – Lot OB-1C, Ground Floor, Main Entrance Oasis, Boulevard Sunway Pyramid
- Empire Subang Jaya – LG 27, Lower Ground Floor, Empire Shopping Gallery, SS16 Subang Jaya
- Dpulze Shopping Center – Lot UG16, Lingkaran Cyber Point Timur, Cyber 12, Cyberjaya
Operating Hours: Daily, 10am – 10pm
3.Alor Satay at Mook Thai Seafood Restaurant
Address: 15, Jalan Alor, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
Operating Hours: 4.30pm – 6am
Address: 213, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur
Operating Hours: 10am – 10pm
5. Sate Kajang Hj. Samuri
Address: Lot 1, 2 & 3, Ground Floor & 2nd Floor, Bangunan Dato’ Nazir, Jalan Kelab, Kajang
Monday – Thursday: 10.30am – 12.30am
Saturday – Sunday: 10:30am – 1.00am
Friday: 4.00pm – 1.00am
6. Satay Station, Sri Petaling
Address: No.2, Jalan Raden 9, Sri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur
Operating Hours: 4pm – 12am
Did we miss out any other spots? Let us know in the comments below!